Friday, July 16, 2010

After A Long Week

So it has been such a long week.

At the start of this week, I was informed by my dad that my older sister was going to have surgery on her colon. My sister is 42-years old and has not had the best life that one could have. Just over a decade ago, she lost her first child, Angel, at the super young age of 4 due to some old lady driving into the front of a dollar store and little Angel was crushed under the car. She suffered severe depression after losing her daughter, but focused a lot of attention and love upon her 1-year old son. Then, my sister was informed she had Lupus about 3 years later. As I've already mentioned, we lost our mom 3 years ago, so that was a blow to my sister, as well. Then, this past year she found out she had cervical cancer. That has now spread into her uterus, her bladder, her kidneys, and her colon. There's a tumor in her colon that has been preventing her from excrementing. I guess her doctors had to insert a colostomy bag or something horrible like that. Fortunately, my sister came out of the operation well enough. Sadly, the doctors that are taking care of her have admitted that there is really nothing they can do for her aside from trying to keep her comfortable. I guess that's a nice way of saying she's gonna die, but we don't know when and there's nothing we can do to prevent it.

A couple of good friend of mine in Portland, Oregon, have been so kind as to use one of their plane vouchers to buy me a round-trip ticket to Houston and back. I could not possibly be happier and more thankful to them. I am glad I'll have the chance to see my sister in a few weeks. I'm not happy that I have to go to Texas to do this because it is HOT down there--which is just one of the many reasons I left Texas. LOL But I look forward to seeing her. Fortunately, Rick is going to be able to go down with me. Rick's sister is allowing him to use her SkyMiles towards a round-trip ticket. We'll be flying on different airlines, but we'll be arriving in Houston at about the same time. Rick is my support. He's my everything, actually.

Still searching for jobs that do not exist here in Pocatello. That has been my primary objective for the past several weeks. I try not to let it get me down, but not finding a job and not having money really does weigh a person down. I mean, Rick is paying for everything. Everything. Rent. Groceries. Bills. Gas for the 4RUNNER. Entertainment. Everything.
I guess it really never occurred to me that I would not have a job this summer. Not once did I think it was even possible to go this long without a job of some sort. It is quite frustrating. At this point, I'm looking forward to the Fall term starting because that means I'll have student loan money and can finally start paying my share of everything (rent, bills, etc.).

It's been a long week, indeed. The weekend is here and it is still the middle of the summer, but there is so much stress. I know I'm not the only one experiencing it. I do not know of a single person that hasn't been feeling the stress of life over the past couple of years. I wish there were some way that we could all just ignore the economy and the sad state of affairs that the entire planet finds itself in. I suppose it is all a part of life and growing.
Oh such is life.

I hope you folks find yourselves in a better state-of-mind for the weekend than I am in at the moment. I am going to try and choose my own attitude and do my best to not allow anyone to influence it in a negative way. My goal is to succeed at something. And my current goal is to keep in mind that life can still be great. After all, I am still breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment